Becoming Elizabeth: Everything you need to know about, renewed or canceled, cast, plot, and released date.
Starz has released the first trailer for Becoming Elizabeth, an upcoming historical drama series that will explore the life of Queen Elizabeth I prior to her accession to the throne.
The new series spotlights Elizabeth’s youth and aims to unveil untold stories from the Tudor era and show how a young girl from an orphanage became the most influential person in all of England.
The trailer introduces us to Alicia von Rittberg as a young Elizabeth Tudor. In the middle of a fateful night, Elizabeth’s sister Mary (Romola Garai) wakes up the young woman and tells her to leave the castle immediately.
The confusion is caused by the death of King Henry VIII in, leading to the early coronation of his nine-year-old son Edward (Oliver Zetterström), the rightful heir to the throne. Edward is clearly too young to run a country, so various noble families try to manipulate the boy to ensure his decision is in their favor.
The Tudor bloodline was alive and the whole country united. However, Elizabeth is not ready to simply bow and obey as she begins to play her own game in the Tudor court. Elizabeth becomes queen.
Becoming Elizabeth Cast
- Alicia von Rittberg played by Queen Elizabeth I
- Romola Garai played by Mary I
- Oliver Zetterström played by Edward
- Jessica Raine played by Catherine Parr
- Tom Cullen played by Thomas Seymour
- John Heffernanplayed by Duke of Somerset
- Bella Ramsey played by Lady Jane Grey
- Jamie Parker played by John Dudley
- Jamie Blackley played by Robert Dudley
- Jacob Averyplayed by Guildford Dudley
- Alexandra Gilbreath played by Kat Ashley
- Leo Bill played by Henry Grey
- Ekow Quartey played by Pedro
- Alex Macqueen played by Stephen Gardiner
- Olivier Huband played by Ambassador Guzman
- Robert Whitelock played by Robert Kett
Read More: Halo Season 2 Everything you need to know
Becoming Elizabeth Released Date
Becoming Elizabeth will be released on June 12th. The series is available to stream at midnight ET on the Starz app, all streaming and on-demand platforms, and StarzPlay. If you want to watch it on TV it is available at 9 pm. ET/PT in the US and Canada.
Becoming Elizabeth Plot
Before acceding to the throne, Elizabeth I was Elizabeth Tudor, a teenage orphan who became involved in the politics and sexual politics of the English court. With the death of his father, King Henry VIII, and with no clear heir, a power struggle begins. Isabel and her siblings Edward and Mary find themselves pawns in a power game.